Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pies and Pints

Well, it is starting to look like the Tofu Hunter might have to start watching her figure if the trends continue. Went tonight to Pies and Pints to see some old friends, and ended up in yet another avalanche of french fries.

I started off with a graceful cup of split pea soup and a spinach and feta pie that my dining companion and I split. The "pies" in reference are individual sized pot pies baked in the most delicious, buttery, flaky, tender golden crust. They are the specialty of Pies and Pints, and come in a variety of savory flavors both meat and vegetarian.

After this small feast my dining companion declared a lingering hunger and ordered an appropriately social plate of nachos. What arrived, to our surprise, were french fry nachos. Yes, a giant (way bigger than the picture looks) pile of french fries covered in cheddar beer sauce, tomatoes, olives, green onion and jalapeno slices.

I have to admit, it was a hard plate of food to turn down. The cheddar beer sauce is a brilliant addition to a plate of fries, and the rest of the toppings were pleasant. Earlier in the day I had gone on a hike and eaten a nice raw lunch of zucchini "noodles" made by my hiking companion, and my healthy vibrant self was having a great angel/devil battle with that plate in front of me.

Pies and Pints has quite a few tasty vegetarian options, including multiple vegetarian pot pies, salads, a variety of french fries, mac and cheese, hummus, fried cheese, etc. Probably a less than ideal place to take dieters, but a good place to take drinkers, the iron-willed, and the calorie deprived!

Pies & Pints on Urbanspoon

No comments: