Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

El Sombrero, take 2

I was wrong in my old post about El Sombrero- they do in fact have something nice for the vegetarians, I just hadn't discovered it yet. My new favorite dish is their Spinach Enchiladas. They aren't exactly what I generally picture when I think about enchiladas because they don't have any red sauce, but they are really good anyway, maybe better even than the usual.
They consist of corn tortillas packed with steamed spinach, then covered in a creamy but not overwhelmingly heavy sauce. The dish comes with rice and beans (you can choose whole beans), and a couple slices of avocado, and feels like an exceptionally balanced and hearty healthy comfort food meal.
Most recently, I ordered the food "to go" and was really pleasantly surprised to find that they didn't use Styrofoam. The bento box like separation of meal elements in the take out container felt really fun and luxurious too.

This was a totally good experience, and I've now got their spinach enchiladas filed way in my mind as one of my favorite easy-to-get Columbia City restaurant dishes.

El Sombrero
(206) 725-1418
4868 Rainier Ave S
Seattle, WA 98118

El Sombrero Family Mexican Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: