Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Snorting Elk

I was recently at Crystal Mountain Ski Resort around dinner time and was thrilled to learn that it's possible to buy dinner at a resort restaurant for a decent price. My dining companion and I ate at the Snorting Elk Bar (which is, I believe, the only place to buy dinner at a decent price).

We started with a $7 salad that exceeded my expectations: giant pile of mixed greens, spinach and lettuce, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, shredded carrots, black olives and sliced red onions in a simple homemade vinagrette.

Next we had a cheese pizza for $17. It was a nice thin pizza with a surprisingly buttery crust. It was large enough that the two of us got full and still had a couple slices left over.


Alpine Inn Snorting Elk Cellar on Urbanspoon

No comments: