Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Teapot Vegetarian House

345 15th Ave E
Seattle, WA 98112
(206) 325-1010
http://www.teapotvegetarianhouse.com/

I am super excited to have found this restaurant because it has a complete menu with all of the usual meat-required Asian favorites made with either tofu or meat substitutes.

All of the dishes that I've tried have been really tasty, though heavilly sauced and often salty. The mongolian Tofu is a delicious mix of friend tofu and scallions over a bed of crisp rice noodles covered in a slighly spicy rich brown sauce.

I've also enjoyed the tofu kung pao, which came to the table with a nice mix of chopped vegies and a generous helping of peanuts under a slightly spicy, slightly sweet sauce.

The vegetables in yellow curry are also good, though not quite as exciteing as the other dishes. What I really enojyed about this was the large chunks of vegetables (like cabbage) that were slowly stewed in the curry sauce.

The ambiance is pleasant... art on the walls, christmas tree lights, a shrine, but everytime i've been in there it is almost empty. I don't know if this is just my timeing, but it makes me nervous because I don't want this restaurant to be forced out of business- it really is a good find for a vegetarian/vegan looking for a tantilizeing choice of pan-asian options.

No comments: